Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.29.2007

Furniture Bank



Above, Windsor Smith's dining room photographed by Miguel Flores-Vianna for Domino, August 2007.

Need to make room for a fabulous new cabinet or chairs, like the pieces above from Windsor Smith's debut furniture collection? Consider donating your gently used furnishings to an organization such as the Furniture Bank of Metro Atlanta. When this non-profit picked-up a large cabinet from my home, things went seamlessly.

Donated items go directly to people seriously in need of furniture: women and children who've fled domestic violence, formerly homeless families rebuilding their lives, the medically fragile. Some of the most needed pieces are beds, dining tables, sofas and storage cabinets. A complete list of accepted furnishings is provided on the Furniture Bank's site.

3 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Very good idea. I also donate furniture to the Step Up Society and they pick up too.

style court said...

Jennifer, thanks for letting us know about this group.

Scott Waterman said...

I just had breakfast with Windsor yesterday. She is in fact moving from the house shown to one down the street. I had a wonderful time working with her on a chinoiserie project. Windsor trusted me enough to really leave me alone to do my work which is a dream job for an artist.

FYI I'll add the project to my site soon in the meantime I have a few images on my flickr account:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_waterman/348399106/