Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.31.2007

Anne Harwell



Inspired by Charlotte Moss' collection of interiors renderings, as well as vintage Mark Hampton books, (see Bibliostyle for more on Hampton) I recently commissioned talented Anne Harwell to hand-paint one of my chairs. Today I received a preview of her work, and I'm thrilled! Anne specializes in chairs and she's a dream to work with, so keep her in mind if you want to immortalize one of your own finds.

12 comments:

patriciagrayinc.com said...

Beautifully rendered Ann!!
And where are you going to hang this gem Style Court....near this chic sassy little chair??

style court said...

maybe patricia :)

The Peak of Chic said...

She's such a talent. I have one of her prints which I love, but you've inspired me to have her do a commission for me!

style court said...

oh good jennifer!

Suzy said...

It looks fantastic, I'm definitely tempted to have her imortalize one of my loveseats now!

robyn said...

I had to do a double take, it looked so much like a photo. just beautiful, lucky you.

katiedid said...

AH! Fabulous!!!

annechovie said...

Thank you ALL for your kind words! I LOVE doing commissions, so please put me to work!

girl meets glamour said...

Ooooo! another great piece by Anne. Love it :)

~Kate

coco+kelley said...

so well captured! this makes me want to set up my own little vignette. it's so much more special than just taking a photo! :)

Anna said...

So beautiful - I LOVE it!!!
XO
Anna

Emily (Residential-E.J. Interiors) & Lauren (Kitchen and Bath) said...

I love her work! Thanks for the great post. I actually ended up posting about her on my blog as well because her art is just too cute not to share!