Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.24.2007

An Alternative


Photo above, Joshua McHugh, as seen in Elle Decor, July-August 2007.

Yesterday, I mentioned how I adore Charlotte Moss' brightly colored, high quality leather albums displayed on bookshelves in her shop. Great inspiration for a home library, but not inexpensive. Kate's Paperie has a fab budget-friendly alternative: the Tribeca collection of man-made colorful binders, priced $25-$35 each, below.






Target's Real Simple office collection offers an even lower priced option. Their magazine holders and expandable file boxes, shown below, are about $12.90 each. These could be used to create shelves with graphic impact similar to the Moss bookcase above.


10 comments:

kcdesign said...

aren't you handy to have around!

Cote de Texas said...

I just love that picture of the library table. That's the best picture, what's it of? Do you know? A store? I can't tell, but I want a room just like that. A library, with the shelves all around like that and a big table in the middle piled with books and flowers, exactly like the picture. That's why I love blogging so much and looking at all the beautiful images everyone posts. So beautiful. The colors in Moss' picture, the green with just a touch of lavender. So beautiful!
Thanks for the eye candy!!!
Joni

Cote de Texas said...

That must be from Charlotte's store I suppose. I'm going to go look at the press clipping on her web site. I love that room and the vase in the middle of the table! love it!

robyn said...

Nice, thanks for this.

style court said...

Hi Joni,

Yes, the "library" image is from Moss' townhouse shop. Thanks for your sweet comments!

Fairfax said...

YOu can also buy the magazine files from Ikea and then cover them with your favourite papers. I had some that were covered with a green shagreen paper I got at Paperchase in London. They looked very expensive, but weren't.

katiedid said...

Yes, I have the IKEA magazine holders to. Raw wood ready for paint, less than $3 each! But I love the Target mag holders too. Pretty colors. But those Charlotte Mosse books with the title engraved are just OTT wonderful. Maybe someday. Great post! :)

The Peak of Chic said...

I've seen the ones from Target in person and they look great. I do like Fairfax's idea about covering Ikea ones with interesting paper.

elisabeth said...

Marie Papier in Paris makes some terrifically chic binders and other desk storage, from a coated paper that comes in various textures and faux skins. Cross used to sell them, and Kate's Paperie sells the same paper in sheets. It's incredibly durable and for the look and quality, incredibly cheap (like $20 for a binder). Perfect!
Love your blog, too!

style court said...

Elisabeth,

Thanks! Great tip.