Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

5.16.2007

The Ultimate Compliment


Above, Margaret Russell, editor-in-chief, Elle Décor, with Andy Cohen, vice president of programming and production at Bravo.



It’s quite a thrill to receive an approving nod from someone you admire. Needless to say, I was immensely flattered – and shocked – to open my June issue of the design Bible, Elle Décor, and see Style Court mentioned on the editor’s page. Margaret Russell has impeccable taste, grace and humor, and her magazine inspires me to no end.

Over the years, Elle Décor has introduced me to the work of Michael Smith, Schuyler Samperton, Peter Dunham, and Tim Clarke. And as I've said before, Russell's Designing Women: Interiors By Leading Style-Makers, is one of the most well-worn books on my shelves. Below are pages from an Elle Décor feature produced a few years ago by Russell. Designed by Michael Smith, the house belonged to Lori Laughlin and Mossimo Giannulli. The living room here is actually my all-time favorite Smith living room -- I never tire of it.





BTW: It was an honor to be mentioned along with design sponge, decor8, another shade of grey, chameleon interiors, apartment therapy, shelteriffic, the nestmaker, and the cool hunter.

23 comments:

Fairfax said...

COngrats!!!!

style court said...

Thanks fairfax!

The Peak of Chic said...

Congrats Style Court!!!

katiedid said...

Congratulations Courtney! You certainly deserve the nod. Yours is the first blog that I was introduced to and I probably check your posts daily. There is always something great! Elle Decor is top on my list of shelter publications, so a big cheers!

midcenturyjo said...

You deserve all the kudos. Your blog is inspirational.

style court said...

katie did,

Thanks so much for taking time to comment. I appreciate your kind words!!

POC,
As always, many thanks!

style court said...

mid-century jo,

So sweet! Thank you :)

Anna said...

You know you were the first blog I ever came across and to this day you are my first visit every day. Congratulations on such a wonderful mention. Truely a very big accomplishment to be mentioned by such a stylish lady.
XO
Anna

style court said...

Anna,

You are always so encouraging! I appreciate it more than you know.

xo
Courtney

Alli said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The honor is well deserved!

style court said...

Thanks Alli!

Linda Merrill said...

Congrats Stylecourt! Exciting, isn't it! I'm honored to be listed with you!

Sara said...

Congrats Courtney! Such a well-deserved honor. I'm always impressed by your posts and knowledge of interior design. Your blog truly is one of the best. Not to mention that your taste is impeccable.

xo
Sara

style court said...

Sara,
Wow, that means so much coming from you! You know how I respect your work. Thanks!

xo
Courtney

Iheartfashion said...

Nice going! Elle Decor is one of my favorites!

style court said...

i heart fashion,

Thanks!

a. said...

I am just catching up on my blog reading. Congrats!!!

P.S. I am no longer blogging at Petite Tresor. Some weird guy took over the address when I accidently deleted it. I will let you know when I am up and running elsewhere!

suzannemarques said...

i just saw your blog listed today when i read her editor's letter, and though, of course margaret russell would love your blog - it is so fab!
i especially love how you pull from magazines printed years ago. they take me back & also inspire today

style court said...

Thanks Suzanne!!

becky said...

So deserved - your blog is total eye candy and completely scrumptious. Thanks so much for all of the hard work you put into it!

becky

style court said...

Oh Becky, thanks so much! That makes me feel great.

Courtney

Sylvie said...

Wow Courtney! How'd I miss this? Big hugs and kisses to you! Congratulations!!
I love the new look of your blog too! Where have I been?!
Gotta run...I have to go dig out that issue and tear out the page, now!!

style court said...

Oh Sylvie, you are so sweet! Thanks for the kind words and support!