Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

5.23.2007

Megan's Pick


Recently, Megan, of the chic and fun new blog, Beach Bungalow 8, wrote about textile designer and illustrator Virginia Johnson. One Johnson piece that Megan highlighted happens to be my personal favorite: the camel wool pillow. Chain-stitched by hand in India, the 18"x18" pillow is available in orange, green, red, and blue, and costs $185.



I also love Johnson's silk twill scarves, 32" x 32" and priced around $195. (See the related post, Versatile Hermes.)

If Johnson's name or style seem familiar, you may remember her wonderful illustrations for Kate Spade's books, Style, Manners, and Occasions. Johnson also was profiled in Domino, January 2007.



Here's Megan above. She is a talented interior designer and writer, so you will enjoy visiting Beach Bungalow 8.

3 comments:

beachbungalow8 said...

I feel so honored! thank you so much courtney! you were an inspiration to getting me going with my blog!

style court said...

Megan, you are so welcome!

katiedid said...

I have visited and definately enjoy!