Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

5.21.2007

Domino Party










On Monday night, at Pieces, Domino hosted a party to celebrate Atlanta design. Lovely Alli filled in for me, and I'm ever so grateful. As the Carlos Museum's coordinator of public relations and marketing, who just returned from a jaunt to China in time to don a sari for her friend's wedding and to celebrate earning her MBA from Emory's Goizueta School of Business, Alli is a busy woman.

Here's how she described Domino's bash to me, "We truly enjoyed the bright and summery, almost Palm-Beach-resort-like, atmosphere of Domino Magazine's cocktail soiree held in the the Pieces gallery and an adjoining tent. Not only was it a furniture and accessories wonderland, but also a virtual fashion show of the best party dresses of the season! It was a very attractive crowd, sipping on vodka-and-grapefruits (in a perfect citrusy shade of pink) and sampling wonderful hors d'oeuvre by Endive Fine Catering. While we strolled and sipped, we wondered W.W.C.L. (What Would Courtney Like)?"

Related past post: Things That Inspire Lee.

Thanks Pieces and Domino for the hospitality. I'm crushed I missed meeting a few of the people who bring me so much inspiration each month! And of course, thanks Alli for capturing the scene so well.

Update 6.2.07
Lee shared this link to more party pics:

Wireimage Domino Party.

11 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Courtney- I'm so sorry you couldn't make it. It was fun and festive. I guess we'll just have to meet another time! :)

style court said...

POC, yes definitely! I loved your pictures from the event :)

Anna said...

Oh my goodness, it was so exciting to see these pictures! Thanks so much for sharing! The Pieces showroom looks stunning!
XO
Anna

style court said...

Anna, I thought you would like this!

Anonymous said...

It was a great party! Do you know if they plan to publish the party pictures in a local mag?

style court said...

Hi Anon,

I don't know. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Pieces looks beautiful and much bigger then I imagined. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Julie

PS...were your friends able to bring you a goodie bag....if so, what was in it?

style court said...

Julie,
Glad you enjoyed the pics! I'll ask Allison what was inside -- I'm guessing a magazine. I wanted her to have whatever was inside.

Check back later for the answer!

style court said...

Hey Julie,

Here's Alli's reply:

"A copy of Domino, a discount coupon for BlueMed Spa, a CD by Dallas Austin that seems to be a BlueMed Spa promotion, and a pot of Einstein Lip Theory (see link) which I noticed was featured in the magazine this month."

http://beauty.ivillage.com/shop/instores/0,,7wxhvfl4-9,00.html

Lee said...

Hi Courtney,

Thank so much for mentioning the party. We missed having you. I was sent these additional photos I thought you might like to see. Not sure how this site works? Thanks for all your support! Take care.

Lee

http://www1.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====275106&qckv=y&nbc1=1

style court said...

Thanks Lee! I just added the link to those pictures in the post here.

Cheers,
Courtney