Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

2.21.2007

Steven Gambrel: Ahead of the Curve



I first saw this attention-grabbing wingback chair in an Amagansett, New York house designed by Steven Gambrel, in the June-July 2002 issue of Elle Decor. A few years later in June 2006, still drawn to the bold pattern, I posted it here. Now with all the buzz about Anthropologie's new, extremely similar looking wingback chair and other pieces upholstered in Josef Frank fabrics, I thought it would be fun to post the Gambrel picture again.

For more on Frank, see Josef Frank: Life and Work.

3 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Style Court- You keep adding books to my wish list! I love Josef Frank fabric, but didn't know about the book. Have you seen the online boutique on the Svenskt Tenn site?

style court said...

POC, yes the boutique is great. I linked to it here in this post. Just click on Josef Frank's name :)

Glad I could share a new book title with you.

jen said...

that chair is gorgeous! it could work on so many levels...

xoxo-jen