Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

2.28.2007

Elle Decor Video



Merci Peak of Chic for your post on decorator Todd Romano. Thanks to you, I discovered video coverage of Romano's colorful beach house. The look of the place is sort of "Palm Beach goes Pop" and it has been a favorite of mine since I first saw it in Elle Decor, June-July 2001. In the video both Romano and Elle Decor Editor-in-Chief, Margaret Russell, offer commentary.

Here's the link: Romano/Elle Decor Video

7 comments:

Fairfax said...

I think that the paper in the bathroom's great.

style court said...

Me too!

Shoshana said...

Im confused. One of my all time favorite rooms (that's saying alot b/c Im a shelter mag junkie) is Todd's summer home as featured in House & Garden, March 2004.
First I thought he had remodeled since and was sad, but you said the Elle Decor came out in 2001. Confused!

style court said...

Shoshana,
I also love that country home of his featured in H & G. I think these might be two different places, a tiny beach place and another weekend getaway.

Anna said...

That was great! Thanks for showing - I thoroughly enjoyed it!

The Peak of Chic said...

I loved watching this video b/c I had never seen his beach home before. I too love his country house, H&G '04, and if I recall, I think that article said he sold the beach house and then bought the country home. Will need to find that article and confirm. But I do love this house too- very vibrant, but not too beachy!

style court said...

POC, thanks as always for your attention to detail!