Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.26.2006

One Easy Piece



As much as I love finding furniture to makeover with my favorite fabrics, sometimes it's great to find a vintage piece that is perfect as is. Instant gratification! Although this chair is not truly lacquered, it has the pristine chalky white finish I had in mind and fresh upholstery I can be happy with for quite a while.

Does anyone else have the reupholstering and repainting bug?

Chair from Pieces in Atlanta.

2 comments:

jen said...

Funny you should mention! I just spray painted an old wicker set of patio furniture turquoise for my studio – a girlfriend recovered the cushions in a black and white mod-flocking upholstery fabric I came across – it looks fab! I love your writing nook – it looks so cozy!

style court said...

Wow turquoise with black/white cushions sounds so chic! And child friendly too.