Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

5.18.2006

Bold Florals






Browsing through the past two issues of Domino, deciding which pages to tear and file, I've been thinking "I'm so glad bold glad patterns are back!" And speaking of patterns---large scale patterns to be exact---some readers have emailed about the bench I recovered with the bold Brunschwig pattern that resembles a Suzani. Many, many thanks for your comments! Here are some more views of the piece. All the details on where I found the fabric are included in the "Brunschwig Dzhambul" post, below or under May archives. Yes, in one of the pics you can see my dreaded computer wires making me look antiquated. Still have not gone completely wireless.

In both the April and May Domino issues there were some gorgeous shots of peonies, so I couldn't resist adding photos of the lush peonies I found today at Whole Foods. The latest Whole Foods to open in Atlanta has such an amazing selection of Martha-worthy flowers and the prices are just as stunning--a fraction of typical retail florists' prices. Do all Whole Foods across the country have such great flower markets?

2 comments:

Sylvie said...

It's great to see your lovely home Courtney! I love how in the above view of your room the colors in the throw on the sofa and the Brunschwig bench are continued out the window with the brick wall!

style court said...

Thanks Sylvie! That's definitely a compliment coming from you. I appreciate how you notice all the small details.